In 1921, Henry George Wagner moved his family from New Jersey and established a German Boarding House and a small dairy farm in the town of Athens. In 1952, the boarding house and farm was transferred to his son, Henry John.
For a short time, Henry and his wife Carol ran the dairy farm as well as the boarding house. In 1955 the dairy farm was closed down. The boarding house continued until 1970 when they sold the boarding house, retained the farm land and built a house up the road.